The school opened in 1856 paid for by subscription from the local Christian community. The school has grown since then from a single Victorian class into three classes. During the time the school has been open the world has seen the death of Queen Victoria, two new centuries, a new millennium, two World Wars, man’s first Moon landing – in essence, the birth of the modern age.
In 2006, All Saints celebrated its 150th anniversary. To mark the occasion a new date stone was laid. The original date stone had a time capsule left by the Victorians containing coins of the realm and a list of dignitaries attending the opening of the school. In keeping with our predecessors a new time capsule was placed behind the new stone, containing the original coins of the realm and coins from today, letters from the children to the future, work stored on microfiche and on dvd.