All Saints is a small village school and we are proud to be able to provide small class sizes. Our three classes are currently structured as follows:
Sparrows - Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
Doves- Year 3 and Year 4
Eagles - Year 5 and Year 6
The curriculum for each year group is carefully planned to meet the needs of all children. Our aim is to ensure that the more able are sufficiently challenged and that those who have learning difficulties are supported. We aim to provide every child with :
- A broad and balanced education covering all aspects of the national curriculum,
- A firm understanding of British and Christian values to support their spiritual, moral,social and cultural choices
- The opportunity to develop skills and acquire the understanding which provide a firm foundation for all future learning.
- An environment that offers equal opportunities for all, regardless of gender, race, social background or physical difficulty and encourages children to develop self-confidence.
- Positive learning experiences
Our aim is to bridge the gap between past and future with present learning. Ensuring pupils are confident to face future challenges by underpinning all learning with Christian and British values to ensure future success.
In Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, we use a combination of Jolly Phonics, Jolly Grammar and Letters and Sounds. Our reading scheme is organised into phonic phases and incorporates a variety of texts including the Oxford Reading Tree Programme. We also use 'Accelerated Reader' to support reading across the school.
A curriculum topic web is shared with families on a half termly basis through our school newsletter and website. A copy of these can be found on the individual class pages for the current term.