Here at All Saints, we are committed to ensuring our school community has the knowledge and understanding they need in order to keep themselves safe online!
Technology is such a valuable tool in both Education and the wider world. We want our pupils, staff and families to enjoy all of the wonderful things the internet has to offer. In order to use it safely and responsibly, we need to be taught a range of strategies that can be used to safeguard ourselves and overcome problems we may encounter.
National Online Safety offers a free downloadable app that provides up to date information to help keep parents and carers in the know. Click the logo to visit their website and download the app:
The National Curriculum 2014 aims to ensure that pupils are taught to be responsible, competent and confident users of technology.
In KS1, children are taught the following 'Digital Literacy' objectives:
- To use technology safely and respectfully;
- To keep personal information private;
- To identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet.
In KS2, children are taught:
- To use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly;
- To recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour;
- To identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact online.
- To understand computer networks including the internet and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration.
Useful Resources for KS1 Children
Useful Resources for KS2 Children
Useful Resources for Parents & Carers