Class 2 is a mixed year 1/2 class taught by Miss Laing..
Distinct Literacy and Numeracy lessons take place in the morning with separate phonics session taking place continuing Letters and Sounds from class 1. Consolidation of these skills and the skill set out in the Key Stage 1 National Curriculum occurs through topic work in the afternoon.
Topics covered in Class 2 include;
- Home & Away (Local area study)
- All Change (Homes in the past)
- Faces, Families & Friends!
- Jack & the Bean Stalk
- All at Sea (Holidays in the past)
- All Aboard! (A contrasting locality study)